Can of Worms
Create a new set of difficult problems
- Corruption is a serious problem, but nobody has yet been willing to open up that can of worms.
Different Kettle of Fish
- Having knowledge is one thing but being able to communicate it to others is another kettle of fish.
Gilded (Golden) Cage
In a luxurious but confining situation
- She was the bird in the gilded cage, cursed by her hereditary lot.
Goose Is Cooked
In serious trouble, with no hope of improvement
- If I get caught, my goose is cooked.
Have a Cow
To get upset, angry
- My mother had a cow when I said I was going to buy a motorbike.
Difficult to coordinate
- The latest project that I'm managing at work involves so many different groups that it's just like herding cats.
Act in a completely uninhibited way
- There's no need to go hog wild just because it's Sarah's birthday - she won't want such a fuss.
Leopard Can’t Change Its Spots
People can’t successfully disguise
- Well, Anne is late for practice again. I guess a leopard can't change its spots.
Kangaroo Loose in the Top Paddock
- Tommy must have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock if he thinks he can convince our mother to let him get a tattoo for his birthday.