Any Tom, Dick or Harry
Any ordinary person
- You'd better get an electrician to fix this - you don't want any Tom, Dick, or Harry messing around with your wiring.
(between) Buckley’s and Nunn
- The heating in winter was almost between Buckley’s and Nunn.
Owing nothing; tied (in a game)
- No. Get even? Even Steven? I would have to kill you.
Jack of all trades
A person with a wide variety of skills
- Don't be a jack of all trades. Be the master of a few.
Not know Jack
Not know anything
- He did not know Jack about where he was going.
No names, no pack drill
By not accusing anyone specifically, I may avoid trouble.
- No names, no pack drills, but certain other candidates have been using taxpayers' money to fund personal trips and expenses.
On the fritz
Not working properly
- The fridge is on the fritz.
The real McCoy
A genuine item
- The caviar was the real McCoy too - not the stuff we buy in the supermarket at home.
Rob Peter to pay Paul
Pay of debt with another loan
- The only way I can settle the gas bill is to rob Peter to pay Paul and use the money I've put by for the electricity.