与学习思考相关的英语习语

drive sb round the bend
Crazy; insane
使…厌烦;使…生气

  • Staying at home all day was driving her around the bend.
    整天呆在家里,快把她憋疯了。

go to your head
To cause one to become arrogant
冲昏头脑,使骄傲自满

  • Don't let fame/success go to your head.
    别让名声/成功冲昏你的头脑。

go to one's head一般还用于表达喝酒上头、微醉等。

  • Champagne always goes straight to my head.
    香槟总是把我弄得头昏脑胀。

have/keep your wits about you
Be able to think quickly and make sensible decisions
保持头脑冷静;随机应变

  • Cycling is potentially very dangerous in the city - you have to keep your wits about you.
    在城里骑自行车可能会非常危险——你必须保持清醒的头脑。

in the dark
Not knowing very much about something
蒙在鼓里,浑然不知

  • I managed to keep my parents in the dark about this.
    我设法对父母瞒下了此事。

know what’s what
Know the important facts about a situation
懂行;老练

  • Linda's been in the business for 30 years - she knows what's what.
    琳达从事这一行已有30年了——她很懂行。

not have a leg to stand on
Not have any way of proving that you are right about something
没有依据,无法证明

  • If you have no witnesses, you don't have a leg to stand on.
    如果没有证人,你就无法证明。

ring a bell
To seem familiar, although you cannot remember the exact details
听起来耳熟;(心里)有印象

  • No, I'm sorry, that description doesn't ring any bells with me.
    不!很遗憾,那个说法我听起来并不耳熟。

slow on the uptake
Taking a very long time to understand or realize something
领悟得快/慢

  • He's a little slow on the uptake, so you may have to repeat the instructions a few times.
    他领悟力比较差,因此你可能得重复指导他好几遍。

split hairs
Argue or worry about very small details
纠缠于细枝末节;在鸡毛蒜皮的事上争论不休

  • Don't split hairs. You know what I'm getting at.
    别钻牛角尖了。你知道我指什么。