A Cut Above
Slightly better than
- She thinks she's a cut above her neighbours.
A Good Deal
To a large extent, a lot
- The new law met with a good deal of opposition at the local level.
A Hundred and Ten Percent
More than what seems to be the maximum
- Go out there and give a hundred and ten percent and bring home a win!
Along the Lines Of
In general accordance with, in the same general direction as
- I was thinking of doing a meal along the lines of that dinner I did for Annie and Dave.
A Stone’s Throw
A very short distance
- The apartment is just a stone's throw from the sea.
A Tall Order
A difficult task
- Building the bridge in time for the Olympics will be a tall order.
Move the Needle
Have a measurable effect on something
- By holding a trial run, the organizers hoped to move the needle by giving the public a taste — albeit a limited one — of their vision.
On the Dot
Exactly; at an expected interval
- The plane landed at two o'clock on the dot.
Whole Nine Yards
The entire amount; everything; all of something
- When I was little, my family always had lots of pets - dogs, cats, hamsters, fish, rabbits - the whole nine yards.
- The weather was terrible but I wanted to go the whole nine yards and get to the top of the mountain.