An offer one can’t refuse
An extremely attractive offer
- I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.
Back and forth
- I think we should have a little back and forth before we make a final decision.
Come to terms with
Feel acceptance toward something bad that has happened
- I think he's still coming to terms with the death of his wife.
Draw a line in the sand
Issue an ultimatum; specify an absolute limit in a conflict
- If the global drift towards a more restrictive internet is to be halted, now is the time to draw a line in the sand.
Drive a hard bargain
To negotiate effectively
- You drive a hard bargain, but I think we can make a deal.
Give and take
Negotiations, the process of compromise
- In every friendship there has to be some give and take.
Sweeten the deal
Add something to an offer during a negotiation
- She had been careful to sweeten the deal with a rather generous cash payment.
Stand one’s ground
Refuse to back down; insist on one’s position
- The battalion stood its ground in the face of repeated attacks.
A test of someone’s or the public’s reaction
- The editorial was a trail balloon to test the public's reaction to a change in the school day.