Across the Pond
On or to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean
- Tourist numbers from across the pond have dropped dramatically.
A remote and uncultivated or undeveloped piece of land of indefinite size
- They couldn't contact the farmer right away because he was out plowing the back forty.
Go with the Flow
To accept the way things naturally seem to be going
- Start detaching your mind and emotions and just go with the flow when you are having a conversation.
King of the Hill
At the top of one’s field; the most influential person in a given field or area
- MySpace quickly gave way to Facebook, and Facebook remains the king of the hill.
Over the Moon
- She was over the moon about/with her new bike.
Over the Hill
Past one’s prime
- He doesn't take kindly to suggestions that he is over the hill.
The Coast Is Clear
We are unobserved; it is safe to proceed
- You can come out now, the coast is clear.
Test the Water(s)
Experiment with something cautiously
- You should be cautious when getting involved and test the water before committing yourself.
Water Under the Bridge
Something in the past that’s no longer worth worrying about
- Yes, we did have our disagreements but that's water under the bridge now.