Bun in the oven
- Kelly has a bun in the oven. She's hoping for a girl.
Babe in arms
A baby being carried
- She's not a babe in arms any longer. she's entitled to do whatever she wants to.
Babe in the woods
An innocent, naïve
- My husband is a good cook, but as a tailor he is a babe in the woods.
Born on the wrong side of the blanket
Born to parents who were not married
- The child was born on the wrong side of the blanket.
A very easy task
- Using computers nowadays is child's play.
Chip off the old block
Someone who resembles a direct ancestor
- Young Charlie is a chip off the old block; he had blond hair like his father's.
Like a kid in a candy store
To be so excited about one’s surroundings that one acts in a chidlike
- You should have seen him when they arrived. He was like a kid in a candy store.
Sleep like a baby
To experience a very deep and restful sleep
- I made my bed, and I sleep like a baby.
Wet behind the ears
Inexperienced, immature, new to something
- You shouldn't judge his mistakes too harshly, as he's still wet behind the ears.