A million and one
- I can't talk right now - I have a million and one things to do this morning.
At the eleventh hour
It happens when it is almost too late
- We only received the signatures at the eleventh hour.
Be in seventh heaven
- Since they got married, they've been in seventh heaven.
By the book
To follow instructions exactly
- This is a private deal - we don't have to do everything by the book.
A routine job in an office that involves standard office hours
- I thought, naively, that this would be a nine-to-five job.
On cloud nine
- "Was Helen pleased about getting that job?" "Pleased? She was on cloud nine!"
Six feet under
Dead and buried
- There's no point worrying about it - we'll both be six feet under by then.
To take one brief (about five minutes) rest period
- After study for such a long time, let's take five.
Zero in on
Focus closely on something; take aim at something
- We must decide on our target market, then zero in on it.