A Little Bird Told Me
I got this information from a source I cannot reveal
- "How did you know he was leaving?" "Oh, let's just say a little bird told me."
(A) Far Cry from
Very different from
- This flat is a far cry from the house they had before.
Things you want to see or do before you die
- I have so many things on my bucket list yet to do.
Call It a Night
End an evening’s activities and go home
- We've been working hard on this project all evening; let's call it a night.
Draw a Long Bow
- We cannot believe him because he used to draw a long bow.
Hit It Out of the (ball)Park
Be arrogant, presume that one is better than others
- - Good luck with your game!
- Thanks! I'll hit it out of the park!
On the Down Low
Keep something secret
- Let's keep it on the down-low, okay?
Your Guess Is as Good as Mine
I don’t know; I have no idea
- "What's he doing?" "Your guess is as good as mine."
When It Rains, It Pours
Problems tend to come in groups
- My dog ate my homework, and my computer crashed. Even worse, I got sick that night! When it rains, it pours!