区别辨析 as 与 for

as可以用来:

 (1) 表示一个人或物的工作、职能、用途、作用、达到某一标准的状态、处于某种地位、身份、情况等。

  • I used my shoe as a hammer.
    我把我的一只鞋子用作锤子。
  • He worked as a bus-driver for six months.
    他做了六个月的公交车驾驶员。
  • She went to the party dressed as a traffic-warden.
    她装扮成停车场管理员去参加了聚会。

I've come as interpreter. 我是来当译员的。

 (2) ①将类似的行动或情况进行比较。

  • He ran away from home, as his brother had the year before.
    就像他兄弟前一年一样,他也离家出走了。
  • In Greece, as in Italy, they use a lot of olive oil in cooking.
    在希腊,和在意大利一样,人们烹调时使用很多橄榄油。

②注意语法上的差别:当as用于表达工作和职能时,它很像一个介词,后接名词或代词;当用于表达“相似”之意时,它又像一个连词,后接一个从句或介词短语。

 (3) for可以表示“目标、目的和成果”之意。

  • They chose him for their representative.
    他们选择他作代表。
  • I don't think he will do for a worker.
    我认为他不适合当工人。
  • I'll keep it for souvenir.
    我将把它留作纪念。
  • What do we have for supper?
    我们晚饭吃什么?

 (4) as和for在有些情况下常可换用。

  • This box can serve as/for a seat.
    这个箱子可用作座位。
  • We unanimously elected him as/for chairman.
    我们一致选他当主席。
  • Don't have such people for your friends.
    不要跟这种人交朋友。
  • I always take him for/as my model.
    我总是把他作为我的榜样。
  • An altimeter is used for measuring height above sea level. (...is used as an instrument to measure...)
    高度计是用来测量海拔高度的。(……是用来测量……的仪器)