区别辨析 part, part from, part with 与 separate

(1) ①part意为“分开,分手”。

  • We parted , and we haven't met ever since.
    我们分手了,自那以后再未见面。

②part有时指“离婚”。

  • Some couples will still decide to part , but at least their decisions will be based on more realistic expectations.
    有些夫妇仍会决定分手,但至少他们的决定是建立在更为现实的期望之上。
  • Unless I parted from Sheila, I could not keep up that struggle.
    我无法继续那场斗争,除非我与希拉分手。

③part作及物动词,意思是“把……分开”。

  • We had to part the two men who were fighting.
    我们不得不把这两个打架的人分开。
  • The war parted many men from their families.
    这场战争使许多男人离开家庭。

 (2) ①part from意思是“离开;与……分手、分手”,多用于人。

  • She cried at parting from her parents.
    在离开父母时她失声痛哭。
  • I was very sorry to part from him.
    离开他,我很难过。

②part from又作“(劝使)舍弃;让花钱”解。

  • He's a difficult man to part from his cash.
    他是一个很难让他花钱的人。
  • That man is not easily parted from his money.
    让那个人花钱可不容易。

 (3) ①part with意思是“和……分开”,多用于人。

  • Mr. Jackson has rendered very valuable service to the firm over a number of years, and we are very sorry to part with him.
    杰克逊先生多年来为公司提供了非常宝贵的服务,和他分开我们很难过。

②part with作“出让,卖掉,舍弃,让走掉”解时,后接事物。

  • They were sorry to part with the old house.
    卖掉这幢老屋,他们很难过。
  • I would rather not part with them than sell them to someone who does not treasure them.
    我宁可不卖它们,也不把它们卖给不珍爱它们的人。
  • She is very reluctant to part with her pet rabbit.
    她极不愿意跟她的宠物兔子分开。

 (4) ①separate作及物动词,意思是“把……分开,区分开”。

  • I'm sorry you two will be separated .
    我很遗憾你俩将被分开。
  • She doesn't want to be separated from this man.
    她不愿与这个男人分手。

②separate作为不及物动词,意思是“分开,分手,分居”。

  • She soon separated from him of her own will.
    她不久就自作主张地与他分了手。
  • They separated after ten years of marriage.
    结婚10年后他们分手了。