区别辨析 tasty, succulent, luscious, mouth-watering, delicious, appetizing/-sing, wholesome 与 tasteful

除tasteful和wholesome外其余的词均可形容“(食物)味道好”。

 (1) tasty意为“味道美的,可口的”。

  • We had a tasty meal today.
    我们今天吃了一顿美餐。

 (2) tasty引申意义为“有趣的”。

  • She gave us a tasty piece of news about our John.
    她给我们带来一则关于我们的约翰的有趣新闻。

 (3) succulent指“(水果、肉类等)多汁的,味道好的”。

  • The fruit was very succulent .
    这水果味道好极了。

 (4) ①luscious指“味道或气味甜美的”。

  • I very much like the luscious peaches.
    我很喜欢这甜美的桃子。

②luscious还可引申作“动人的,吸引人的,美丽的”解。

  • What a luscious girl she is!
    她是个多么美丽动人的女孩啊!

③luscious又作“多汁的,成熟的”解。

  • Luscious red apples were hanging on the trees.
    红润成熟的苹果挂在树枝上。

 (5) mouth-watering意为“令人流口水的,好吃的”。

  • I felt even hungrier when I smelt the mouth-watering dishes.
    闻到令人垂涎欲滴的佳肴,我更感饥肠辘辘。

 (6) ①delicious指“美味可口的”。

  • For dinner that evening, we enjoyed delicious pheasant.
    那顿晚宴我们吃到了美味可口的野鸡。
  • And honestly I thought the fried chicken was delicious .
    老实说我觉得炸鸡非常美味可口。

②delicious还可引申作“怡人的,令人高兴的”解。

  • I got up very early that morning and had a walk in the delicious morning air.
    那天早晨我早早起来在那清晨怡人的空气里散了散步。

 (7) appetizing意为“引起食欲的,开胃的”。

  • The smell of the delicious food was very appetizing .
    那美食的香味非常能引起人的食欲。

 (8) wholesome可表示“对身体有益的”。

  • The food we get from that shop is wholesome .
    我们从那家商店买的食品有益健康。
  • She always attached great importance to giving her children wholesome food.
    她一直很重视给孩子吃有益身体健康的食品。

 (9) tasteful指“有鉴赏力的;格调高的,雅致的”。

  • The furniture in his house is very tasteful .
    他家的家具非常雅致。