区别辨析 tend to, incline to, lean towards/to, feel/be tempted to, dispose to 与 be/feel disposed to do sth.

(1) ①tend to可接不定式,意为“容易、往往(有某种倾向)”,可用于人,也可用于物,tend为不及物动词。

  • Many people tend to get fat as they grow older.
    很多人随着年龄增长容易发胖。
  • Recently I've tended to get tired in the evenings; I can hardly sit up late now.
    最近我往往在晚上感到疲惫,几乎不能熬夜了。
  • Current English tends to be very informal.
    现代英语往往非常随便。

②tend to (towards)后可接名词,意为“倾向于……;有……的趋势”。

  • His family have always tended to overweight.
    他的家人有过胖的倾向。
  • On this matter I tend to/towards your opinion.
    在这件事上,我倾向于你的意见。

 (2) ①incline to意为“倾向于……;偏向于;易于”,可接不定式,可以与tend to换用;也可接名词、动名词,to 也可换成towards。

  • She inclines to/towards leanness.
    她偏瘦。
  • incline to/towards tiredness in the evenings.
    晚上我容易感到疲劳。
  • incline , to some degree, to/towards your point of view in this respect.
    在这方面,我在一定程度上倾向于你的观点。
  • I incline/tend to believe in his innocence.
    我倾向于相信他的清白。

②incline可作及物动词,意思是“使……倾向于”,常用的句型结构为:sth. inclines sb. to do sth.或sth. inclines sb. to/towards sth.。

  • The political situation there inclines her to come back earlier.
    那里的政治形势使她倾向于提前回来。
  • His apathy towards his studies inclined me to anger.
    他对学习无所谓的态度使我很生气。

③也可用sb. be/feels inclined to(do) sth.句型,意为“感到想,倾向于,往往是”。

  • I'm inclined to go to Europe to spend our holidays.
    我倾向于去欧洲度假。
  • The U.S. is becoming more inclined towards the belief that black people should be fairly treated. 美国越来越倾向于黑人也应受到平等对待的信念。
  • I don't feel specially inclined to go.
    我不特别想走。
  • He had been inclined to talkativeness, but gradually he became silent.
    他原来是很爱讲话,可渐渐变得沉默了。

④介词有时用for,表示“想要(做某事)”。

  • Do you feel inclined for a cup of coffee/a walk?
    你想来杯咖啡吗?/你想去散散步吗?

 (3) ①lean towards/to意思是“倾向于”,后接名词,在此短语中,lean为不及物动词,towards较to更常见。

  • lean towards belief that he had no hand in shutting up the school.
    我倾向于相信他没有插手学校关门一事。
  • In his political opinions he leans towards the Republicans.
    他就其政见来说倾向于共和党。
  • I rather lean/incline/tend to your opinion as regards/in regard to that matter.
    对那个问题,我相当倾向于你的意见。

②在lean towards短语中,lean间或可用作及物动词。

  • Numerous events lean me towards favouring severer punishment for corruption.
    诸多事件使我倾向于赞成要更严厉地惩治腐败。

 (4) feel/be tempted to意为“很想做某事”,语气较强,后接不定式。

  • Very often I have been tempted to have a visit to Hangzhou.
    很多次我都很想去杭州一游。
  • I was rather tempted to ring him up to tell him of the matter, but I didn't after thinking it over.
    我很想打电话告诉他这件事,但仔细想了想还是没有那样做。

 (5) dispose to意为“使倾向于(做某事);使愿意(做某事)”,dispose为及物动词,常用的结构为dispose sb. to do。

  • The good pay and short hours disposed me to take the new job in that company.
    报酬高、工时短使我很乐意接受那家公司的新工作。
  • What you say disposes me to think that they're unwilling to do the project.
    你的话使我觉得他们不愿意做这项工程。

 (6) be/feel disposed to do以过去分词disposed作表语,后接不定式,也是常用的形式,意为“愿意、倾向于(做某事)”。

  • I hope you're disposed to be friends with me.
    我希望你能愿意跟我做朋友。
  • The thing I feel most disposed to say is that this is very sudden.
    我最想说的是这件事很突然。