Add Fuel to The Fire
Worsen already existing tension
- The discovery that the government was aware of the cover-up has really added fuel to the fire.
Add Insult to Injury
Compound a defeat with humiliation or mockery
- They told me I was too old for the job, and then to add insult to injury, they refused to pay my expenses!
Agree to Disagree
Accept or set aside a disagreement
- Considering that we have been cooperating for many years, I now agree to disagree with the attached conditions.
Enmity or hatred that stems from something in the past
- There has been bad blood between the two families for years.
(give sb a) Dirty Look
A facial manner that signifies disapproval
- He gave me a really dirty look.
On the Warpath
- If there was one thing she couldn't face in the morning it was her mother on the warpath.
Pick a Fight
Intentionally provoke a conflict or fight with someone
- He'd had too much to drink and tried to pick a fight with the bartender.
Stab Someone in the Back
To betray (somebody)
- A lot of people in this business think they have to stab each other in the back to succeed.
To Have a Chip on One’s Shoulder
To be combative
- Every time I try to talk to you, you've got a chip on your shoulder.