shame : 多指因非法婚烟、私生、卖国或犯法等而丢失脸面或败坏名声，使他人认为“丢脸”、“可耻”。
- The shame of the scandal was so great that he shot himself a few weeks later.
- You can't go out dressed like that - have you no shame?
disgrace : 常指失去他人的尊敬和称赞而使自己感受到的丢脸、耻辱。
- They were sent home in disgrace.
- He brought disgrace on the whole team by falsifying the results.
embarrassment : 多指在社交活动中所遇到的尴尬事。
- She blushed with embarrassment.
- My parents are an embarrassment to me!
dishonour : 指失去原来享有的光荣或自尊和自重。
- Some of the leaders of the coup took their lives rather than face dishonour.
- It was no dishonour to be beaten by such a strong opponent.