区别辨析 care (about), care for, look after, take care of, mind, attend to,attend upon/on 与 have/get/take charge of

(1) care (about)意为“在乎、关心;(是否)觉得某事重要,或者某事是否使你感兴趣、担心”,最常用于疑问句和否定句中。about用在宾语之前,但在连接词和连接代词前通常省去不用。

  • I don't care (about) whether it rains.
    是否下雨,我并不在乎。
  • A: I'll never speak to you again.
    我再也不跟你说话了。
    B: I don't care .
    我才不在乎呢。
  • I don't care (about) what they say, how to live is my own business.
    我不在乎他们说什么,如何生活是我个人的事。

 (2) care for主要表示:

①“喜欢,想要”(like),特别是用于疑问句和否定句中。

  • Would you care for a cup of tea?
    你想要一杯茶吗?

②“喜欢,爱好”(have a taste for, like)。

  • I don't much care for TV plays produced nowadays, no matter how highly lauded.
    我不很喜欢现在制作的电视剧,不管把它们吹捧得有多高。

③“照看,照料”(look after),特别是用于正式的场合。

  • She spent the best years of her life caring for her sick father.
    她把生命中最美好的年华都花在照料生病的父亲上了。

 (3) ①look after, take care of通常意为“照料,照管,喂养”,两者常可换用。

  • Who is in the hospital taking care of/looking after the patient?
    谁在医院里照顾病人呢?
  • Who will look after the children while their mother is in the U.S.A.?
    孩子们的妈妈在美国期间,谁来照料他们?

②take care of有时也用来表示人们的责任。

  • Mr. Smith takes care of marketing and publicity, and I'm responsible for production.
    史密斯先生负责销售和宣传,我负责生产。

 (4) ①mind有“照料,留心,注意”的意思(take care of, attend to),也是经常用的说法。

  • When Mr. Green was out, his wife had to mind the shop (to attend to it).
    格林先生不在时,他的太太就得照管商店。

②mind还有“介意,在乎,反对”之意,通常用于疑问句、否定句和条件句,以及答复询问的肯定句中。

  • He doesn't mind the cold weather at all.
    他一点也不在乎这寒冷的天气。
  • Do you mind my smoking/if I smoke?
    我吸烟你介意吗?
  • A: Do you mind coming again tomorrow?
    明天再来,你介意吗?
    B: Yes, I mind very much.
    是的,非常介意。

 (5) attend to也可以表示“照看、照料接待(顾客)”,还常作“处理,办理”解。

  • He foolishly left an inexperienced young assistant to attend to some very important customers.
    他愚蠢地让一个毫无经验的年轻助手去接待一些非常重要的顾客。
  • I have an urgent matter to attend to .
    我有桩急事需要办理。

 (6) attend upon/on 也表示“照顾,侍候”。

  • Two nurses attended day and night on the dying statesman.
    两位护士昼夜侍候这位奄奄一息的政治家。
  • She has many servants attending upon her.
    她有许多仆人侍候她。

 (7) have/get/take charge of意为“负责管理,照顾”。

  • She had/got/took charge of her brother while their mother went out.
    她的母亲外出时,她负责照顾弟弟。
  • He took charge of the government after the military takeover in 1975.
    在1975年实行军事接管以后,他负责主持政府工作。