区别辨析 delete from, erase from, expunge from, expurgate from, leave out, miss out 与 omit from

(1) delete from意为“从……中删除”。

  • Why have the names of the performers been deleted from the advertisements for the concert?
    为什么演员的名字从音乐会的广告中删除了?
  • This offending sentence had better be deleted from the letter.
    最好从信中删除这个易触怒他人的句子。

(2) erase from表示“从……中删除;把(某事)从(记忆)中消除”。

  • Why have you erased my name from the list?
    你为什么把我的名字从名单上删除了?
  • Try as I might, I cannot erase such a terrible experience from my memory.
    尽管我百般努力,我还是无法将这一可怕的经历从记忆中抹去。

(3) expunge from, expurgate from均是“从(书等)中删除错误或不妥之处”,较正式。

  • False statements about events in our history must be expunged/expurgated from classroom books.
    有关我们历史事件的不实之词必须从教科书中删除。

(4) leave out也可表示“将……遗漏”。(另见“leave...”条目)

  • Please complete this check properly; the date has been left out .
    请把支票填妥——你忘了填日期了。

(5) ①miss out (of)可表示“将……遗漏”,有时可与leave out换用。

  • Please complete this form properly; you have missed /left out the date.
    请把此表填妥,你把日期给漏掉了。
  • Why did you miss me out of the volleyball team?
    你为何把我从排球队名单上漏了?

②miss out还可表示“不理、冷落(某人)”,等于leave out。

  • It's your own fault if you feel missed/left out at the party; you make no effort to be friendly to people.
    如果你在晚会上感到受了冷落,那是你自己的错;你没有努力对别人表示友好。

(6) omit from意思是“将……漏掉;删掉”。

  • You've omitted the date from the form; please complete it properly.
    你在表中漏了日期,请填妥。
  • The last paragraph has been omitted from the article, as it has little to do with the central idea.
    最后一段从文中删掉了,因为它与中心思想关系不大。