区别辨析 for always, always, forever/for ever, for good, for good and all, once and for all 与 once for all

 (1) for always意为“永远”,语气较强。

  • He says that marriage is for always .
    他说婚姻是一辈子的事。
  • My uncle gave me that car for always .
    我叔叔把那辆车永远给了我。

 (2) always也可表示“永远”。

  • “Do unto others as we would have others do unto us”, you must always keep/carry/bear in mind.
    你必须永远记住:我们想要别人怎样对待自己,就要怎样对待别人。
  • I will love you always .
    我永远爱你。

 (3) forever/for ever 意为“永远”,尤其用于强调和诗中。

  • “I will love him forever! ” she said.
    她说:“我将永远爱他!”
  • The bank won't come to the rescue forever — we'll be done for in six months.
    这家银行永远不会来拯救我们——我们将在6个月后完蛋。

 (4) for good意为“长期地,永远”,语气较强。

  • I hoped that the repairs would stop the leak for good .
    我希望这些修理工作能永远堵住漏的地方。
  • She's leaving this place for good next week!
    她下周就要永远离开这地方了。

 (5) for good and all则用于非正式文体中,与for good同义,但语气更强。

  • When John graduated from school, he decided that he was done with study for good and all .
    当约翰从学校毕业时,他认定自己永远地完成了学业。

 (6) once and for all意为“一劳永逸地,永远地”,语气较强。

  • We were determined to bring to an end that sort of thing once and for all/once and forever .
    我们决心一劳永逸地消除那种事情。
  • He's back home once and for all ; he won't go away again.
    他已永远地回了家,再也不离开了。

 (7) once for all有时表示“最后(问、说)一次”。

  • Once for all , did you do it or not?
    最后再问你一次,你到底干了这事没有?
  • I tell you once for all that I will not allow such conduct.
    我最后奉劝你一次:我不会允许这种行为。