区别辨析 however, no matter how, whatever, no matter what, whoever, whomever,no matter who, no matter whom, whichever, no matter which, whosever 与 no matter whose

(1) 这些词和短语均可以引出让步状语从句。-ever通常用于书面语。no matter how等用于口语,意思都是“不论……,不管……”。

  • However hard/No matter how hard he worked, he failed to finish the task on time.
    不管他如何努力工作,他也没能按时完成工作。
  • We must get it going however great/no matter how great the difficulties are.
    不管困难有多大,我们都必须使之运转起来。
  • I must start home however/no matter how hard/heavily it rains.
    不管雨下得有多大,我必须启程回家。
  • Whatever/no matter what you do, do it as well as you can.
    不论做什么,要尽可能把它做好。
  • Whatever may happen, I won't change my mind.
    不论发生什么事,我都不会改变主意。
  • Whatever help you may give him, he doesn't show the slightest gratitude.
    不论你给他什么帮助,他都不会表示丝毫的感激。
  • Whoever /No matter who goes with me, I'll be pleased.
    不论谁跟我同去,我都会非常高兴。
  • Whomever/No matter whom you send, I have no objection.
    不论你派谁去,我都不反对。
  • Whichever university you enter, I'll be satisfied.
    不论你进哪所大学,我都会满意的。
  • Whosever/No matter whose the bike is, you are not allowed to take it away without permission.
    不管这自行车是谁的,都不许你不经许可就把它拿走。

 (2) 上述带-ever的词除引出让步状语从句外,还可引出从句作另一个句子的主语或宾语,no matter how, no matter what, no matter who等却不可以。

  • I'll eat whatever you give me.
    你给我什么我就吃什么。
  • Whatever I have achieved in my work is, for the most part, attributed to the support of my colleagues.
    我在工作中所取得的一切,大部分归功于我同事的支持。
  • Whoever fails to see this will make a big blunder.
    谁看不到这一点,都会犯下大错误。
  • Whatever measures we take/adopt must be in conformity with the fundamental interests of the people.
    我们不论采取什么措施,都必须符合人民的根本利益。
  • Return the parcel post to whosever address is on it.
    将邮包按上面的地址退回。
  • Pass the document on to whoever is entitled to read it.
    将文件传给有资格的人阅读。
  • Give the ticket to whomever you like.
    这票你喜欢给谁就给谁。
  • However he was to accomplish this goal was not yet clear to King.
    他到底要如何去实现这一目标,国王是不清楚的。