区别辨析 think out, think over, think through, think again, think twice 与 think better of

(1) ①think out 可作“想出”解,与think of(表示“想出”时)同义。(另见“think of...”条)

  • Have you thought out the best method to deal with the problem?
    你想出处理问题的最佳方法了吗?
  • I can't think of/out how to get out of this difficulty.
    我想不出如何摆脱这一困境。

②think out 还作“缜密考虑,想清楚”解。

  • All possible ways out of our difficulty have now been thought out .
    对所有可能摆脱我们困境的方案都已做了缜密考虑。
  • The question is very difficult. I must think it out when I have more time.
    这个问题很棘手,我有时间一定把它想清楚。

 (2) ①think over指“仔细考虑”,常意味着个人单独地考虑。

  • I need a couple of days to think this matter over .
    我需要几天时间仔细考虑一下此事。
  • He likes to go into his studies by himself to think things over .
    他喜欢独自在书房里思考问题。

②think over还作“重新考虑”解,常含有改变意见的意味。

  • I've thought the plan over and decided not to join it after all.
    我对计划又做了重新考虑,决定还是不参加了。

 (3) think through 指“想明白,想通”。

  • Now that we've thought through the matter, can we come to a decision?
    既然我们都想通了此事,该做决定了吧?
  • Think it through carefully before you give me your final decision.
    仔细想明白了再告诉我你的最后决定。

 (4) think again指“重新考虑;改变主意”。

  • The sudden drop in house prices has made me think again about selling the house.
    房价突然下跌,让我重新考虑是否还要卖房。

 (5) think twice表示“重新考虑,再三考虑,三思”,常与about或before连用。

  • I'd like to think twice about the contract before signing it.
    签约之前我得再考虑考虑。
  • Always think twice before you take action.
    三思而后行。
  • If I were you, I'd think twice about/before investing my money in that firm.
    如果我是你,我会在对此公司投资之前进行慎重考虑。

 (6) think better of可作“重新考虑,改变想法,另做决定”解。(另见“think nothing of...”条目)

  • It's a foolish idea, I hope you'll think better of it.
    这是个愚蠢的想法,我希望你再好好考虑一下。
  • She was going to write a letter of complaint, but she thought better of it, and decided to wait a few days.
    她本打算写封投诉信,但想了想又改变了主意,决定再等几天看看。