区别辨析 accustom to, acquaint with, familiarize/-ise with, be/get/become acquainted with, be/get/become familiar with 与 be familiar to

(1) ①accustom to意为“使习惯于……”。accustom后接反身代词;to后接名词、代词、动名词,有时也接infinitive (带to不定式)。

  • He had to take some time to accustom himself to the new life style of his new country.
    他得花一段时间使自己适应他新加入的这个国家的生活方式。
  • You must accustom yourself to be more at your ease when you are with people.
    当你与别人相处时,你一定要使自己的举止更自然一些。

②accustomed常可用作表语,与be, get, become连用。用be表示状态;用get, become表示由不习惯到习惯的变化。

  • I've already got/become accustomed to the heat here.
    我已经习惯了这里的炎热。
  • Are you accustomed to the climate there?
    你习惯那里的气候吗?

(2) acquaint with意为“使熟悉”。

  • Let me acquaint you with the situation here before you start your new work.
    在你开始你的新工作之前,让我帮你了解一下这里的情况。
  • Have you acquainted yourself with your new work?
    你已经熟悉你的新工作了吗?

(3) familiarize with意为“使了解,使熟悉”,与 acquaint with 意思相近。

  • I'd like to familiarize you with what is happening here.
    我想让你了解一下这里的情形。

(4) be/get/become acquainted with 意为“熟悉,了解,认识”,用在较为正式的场合。用be时表示状态;用get,become时表示由不熟悉、不了解到熟悉、了解的变化。

  • We have long been acquainted with each other; we first met at a party three years ago.
    我们相互认识很长时间了,第一次见面是在三年前的一次聚会上。
  • I've become acquainted with some local people since I came here last year.
    自从我去年来这里之后,我已与一些当地人混熟了。
  • It was difficult enough getting acquainted with her and her mother; they were eccentric people.
    她和她母亲相当难接近;她们脾气很怪。

(5) ①be/get/become familiar with意为“熟悉”,以人为主语,with可以接人,也可接物。接事物时,表示熟悉如何做或如何用。用be表示状态;用get,become表示变化。

  • Are you familiar with the machine?
    你熟悉这台机器吗?
  • Are you familiar with Prof. Smith?
    你熟悉史密斯教授吗?

②be familiar to意思是“为……所熟悉”,以物为主语,to后接人。

  • I think this is familiar to you.
    我想这对你来说是熟悉的。