区别辨析 bring, take 与 fetch

(1) bring多用来指向着说话人或写作者方向的运动;take多用来指朝其他方向的运动。

  • I'm bringing my wife back home for the festival this evening.
    今晚我要把妻子接回家来过节。
  • I once had to take a group of students from Rome to Berlin.
    我曾经得带着一批学生从罗马去柏林。
  • Let's have one more drink, and then I'll take you back home.
    咱们再多喝一杯,然后我带你回家。

 (2) 当说话人和听话人在不同地点时(如打电话、通信等),bring可指向着说话人方向的运动,也可指向着听话人方向的运动。

  • A: Come and stay for the weekend and bring your wife.
    来度周末吧,把你妻子也带来。
    B: Thanks, I'd love to. Can we bring the children too?
    谢谢,我很想去,我们能把孩子也带上吗?

 (3) 有时说话人使用bring所表示的运动不是向着说话人现在所在之地,而是朝着说话人“曾经在”或“将要在”的地方。

  • Jack brought some new designs to the office this morning.
    杰克今天上午带了一些新设计到办公室来。
  • Come to the theatre with us tonight, and bring Mary.
    今晚和我们一起去看戏吧,把玛丽也带来。

注意: come和go之间的差别与此相似。

 (4) ①fetch意为“去接来(人);去取来(物)”,所指的是“一去一来”两个方向的运动。

  • Please fetch the children from school.
    请到学校把孩子接回来。
  • Shall I fetch you your coat/fetch your coat for you from the next room?
    要不要我去隔壁把你的上衣取回来?

②虽然fetch表示“一去一来”两个方向的运动,但有时可与come和go一起用。

  • Yes, I've come to fetch you home.
    对,我是来接你回家的。
  • Please go and fetch some water.
    请去打些水来。