区别辨析 drive sb. mad, drive sb. crazy, drive (sb.) out of his mind, frighten sb. out of his senses, go/be berserk, send sb. berserk, go crazy, go mad, go out of one's mind, go/be out of one's senses, lose one's senses, take leave of one's senses 与 run amok/amuck

(1) drive sb. mad, drive sb. crazy意为“使某人发疯;使某人头脑不正常;使某人非常恼火;使某人心绪烦乱”。

  • Terrible experiences in childhood at last drove her mad/crazy , and she had to be kept in a special hospital.
    童年时代的可怕经历终于使她疯了,不得不把她送到一家专门医院里。
  • This terrible noisy music is driving me mad/crazy!
    这种可怕的嘈杂音乐使我烦死了!

 (2) drive sb. out of his mind意为“使糊涂;使焦虑不安;使心绪烦乱;使某人变疯”,有时也用drive sb. round the bend。

  • That noisy pop music is driving me out of my mind/round the bend !
    那种嘈杂的流行音乐简直要把我弄疯了!

 (3) frighten sb. out of his senses意为“吓懵了,吓糊涂了”。

  • Oh, it was horrible! It almost frightened me out of my senses .
    哦,太可怕了!几乎把我给吓懵了。
  • When I heard the knock at the door at mid-night, I was frightened out of my senses .
    当我在午夜听到敲门声时,我给吓懵了。

 (4) ① go/be berserk意为“发狂;失去控制”,用go表示动作,用be表示状态。

  • He suddenly went berserk with rage when hearing what had happened.
    当听说发生的事情时,他怒不可遏。
  • The goats have gone/are berserk; they broke down the fence and now they're eating all the washing on the line in the garden next door!
    这些山羊乱了套了,它们弄倒了篱笆,正在隔壁花园里吃挂在绳上晾晒的衣物呢!

②用send sb. berserk时,意思是“使发狂,使失去控制,使心烦意乱”。

  • That continuous loud music is sending me berserk! Can't you put a stop to it?
    种连续不断的大声音乐使我烦死了!你就不能停下来吗?

 (5) ① go crazy, go mad意为“发疯”,可指患精神疾病,也可指正常人一时糊涂或失去理智。

  • Have you gone crazy/mad? Of course you need boots in this weather!
    你疯了吗?这种天气你当然需要穿靴子!
  • It's very sad, his wife went mad and had to be locked up in the special hospital.
    这是很令人难过的事,他妻子疯了,不得不被锁在专门医院里。

②用be crazy, be mad 表示状态。

  • He is mad at losing his motorbike.
    他丢了摩托车,气得要命。

 (6) ①go/be out of one's mind意思是“疯了;焦虑不安”,用 go表示动作,用be表示状态。

  • I'm so glad you've come. I was going out of my mind with worry.
    你回来了,我太高兴了。我担心得都快要疯了。
  • Are you out of your mind , playing outdoors without wearing your hat in such cold weather?
    这样严寒的天气里在户外玩耍不戴帽子,你是疯了吗?

②go out of one's mind 还可表示“被忘却”,这时主语是事物或其他某个人。

  • I don't remember his name — it's gone clean out of my mind .
    我不记得他的名字了——它被我忘记得一干二净了。

 (7) go/be out of one's senses 意为“神志不清,头脑不正常”,用go表示动作,用be 表示状态。

  • You are quite out of your senses , to think that they will come to our assistance.
    你真是头脑不正常,居然认为他们会来援助我们!
  • If you keep interrupting me with silly questions, I shall go out of my senses .
    如果你老是用愚蠢的问题打扰我,我真会疯了。

 (8) lose one's senses, take leave of one's senses意思是“脑子不正常,失去知觉”。

  • Are you mad? Have you lost/taken leave of your senses?
    你疯了吗?你是脑子不正常吗?

 (9) run amok/amuck通常指“动物撒野、发狂、失去控制”,也可用go amok。

  • One of the big elephants is running/going amok in the village, tearing up the trees by their roots.
    其中一头大象正在村子里撒野,把一些树连根拔起。