区别辨析 excuse me, sorry, pardon me 与 I beg your pardon

(1) excuse me用于做或说某种可能要打搅别人、使别人烦恼的事情之前,或者以引起对方的注意;sorry为形容词,用在做或说了这种事情之后,表示道歉;pardon me也常用在做了可能使别人嫌弃的事情之后(用降调),或者没听清对方的话,想让对方重复一下(用升调)。

  • Excuse me, could I get past?
    对不起,我能过去吗?
  • Excuse me , could you tell me the way to the railway station?
    打扰一下,你能告诉我去火车站的路吗?
  • Oh, sorry , did I step on your foot?
    哦,很抱歉,我踩你脚了吗?

 (2) sorry后接不定式时,则表示对将要说或做的事表示抱歉或遗憾。

  • I'm sorry to say that I can't come to the party.
    我很遗憾不能来参加晚会了。
  • I'm sorry to learn that you are leaving here for home.
    我遗憾地获悉,你要离开这里回国了。

 (3) 当为做了的事情表示道歉时,sorry后可接不定式的完成式;或for+-ing;或that 从句。

  • Sorry to have woken you up yesterday.
    很抱歉昨天把你弄醒了。
  • I am sorry for waking/having woken you up yesterday.
    我很抱歉昨天弄醒了你。
  • I am sorry that I woke you up yesterday.
    我很抱歉昨天弄醒了你。

 (4) I beg your pardon用于道歉(用降调),较为正式。在美式英语中,excuse me和pardon me均常用于道歉。

  • Sorry, I hope you haven't been waiting long.
    对不起,希望你没有等很久。
  • I beg your pardon; I didn't realize this was your seat.
    很抱歉,我没有意识到这是你的座位。

 (5) 如果没有听清或明白对方的话,可说:Sorry?或What?或者用升调说:(I beg your)pardon?美国人也说Pardon me?

{ A: It's the plumber at the door. 是管子工在门口。

B: Sorry ? 是谁?

A: I said it's the plumber. 我说是管子工。

{ A: See you on Tuesday. 星期二再见。

B: What? 什么?

A: See you on Tuesday.You're going deaf. 星期二再见。你真是聋了。

B: I beg your pardon? 请再说一遍。