区别辨析 get down, get off, get out, alight, descend 与 disembark

(1) get down意为“下车,下马,从高处下来”。

  • He got down from his horse to help the wounded man.
    他下马来帮助这位伤员。
  • Tom has climbed up the house, but how will he get down?
    汤姆爬到屋子上去了,但是他怎么下来呢?
  • I saw him get down from the bus.
    我看见他从公共汽车上下来了。

 (2) ①但“下火车”一般不用get down,而用get off, get out。

  • Where did you get off the train?
    你在哪里下的火车?
  • I'm getting off (=leaving the train) at the next station.
    我将在下一站下火车。
  • The bus broke down and all the passengers had to get off/down .
    公共汽车坏了,乘客们不得不下来。

②get off也可用于下电车、自行车,还可用于下马。

  • That's my bicycle — off you get!
    那是我的自行车,你给我下来!

③get out常用于下火车、电车、汽车、船等。

  • Stop, conductor, I want to get out here.
    停车,售票员,我要在这儿下车。
  • I told the bus driver that I wanted to get out at the next stop.
    我告诉公共汽车司机说我想在下一站下车。
  • When I got out of my car, I saw a friend of mine.
    当我从车里出来的时候,看见了我的一个朋友。

 (3) alight是正式用词,用于下汽车、火车等,特别指在旅行的终点站下车。

  • They alighted from the train soon after midday.
    中午过后不久,他们就下了火车。

 (4) descend也可用作“下车”解,用于下火车、汽车等,多用于正式场合。

  • We descended from the train at Birmingham.
    我们在伯明翰下了火车。

 (5) disembark作“(使)下船,卸下船”解。

  • He disembarked from a liner in mid-river into a small boat.
    他在河半道从一艘客轮上下来上了一艘小船。
  • The goods were disembarked in London.
    这些货物在伦敦卸船。