区别辨析 have/bandy words with, have/get/receive word (from sb.), have one's word, have/like a word with sb., have/like a few words (with sb.), have/like a word in sb.'s ear, have no words for/to, have/get/say the last/final word 与 exchange words with

(1) have/bandy words with意为“争吵,吵架”。

  • Did you have/bandy words with the manager last night?
    昨天晚上你和经理吵架了吗?
  • I heard our neighbors bandying words with each other in the middle of the night.
    我听到邻居半夜时吵了起来。

 (2) have/get/receive word (from sb.)意为“得到(某人的)信息/指示”。

  • I just got word that we'll not begin our lessons until September 14th.
    我刚得到消息说我们9月14号才上课。
  • have had no word from him since he left.
    自从他离开以后,我没得到半点他的消息。
  • have received no word of what is happening there.
    关于那里现在的情况,我一无所知。

 (3) have one's word意为“得到某人的保证”。

  • have his word . He will help us out of the present difficult situation.
    他向我保证,将帮助我们摆脱目前的困境。

 (4) have/like a word with sb.和have/like a few words with sb.意思都是“(想)和某人说(几)句话;与(某人)谈(了)”,但have与like不能完全换用。

  • Could I have a word/a few words with you, Mrs. Jones?(不用like)
    琼斯夫人,我能与你说几句话吗?
  • Could you spare me a minute? I'd like a word/a few words with you.
    你能为我腾出一分钟吗?我想与你说/几句话。
  • had a word with him about his continual lateness.(不用liked)
    对于他的连续迟到,我跟他谈过了。
  • I'll have a word with her this evening.(不用like)
    今晚我将跟她谈一谈。
  • You ought to have a word with the boy and try to get him to go to bed earlier.(不用like...)
    你应跟这孩子谈谈,设法叫他早点去睡觉。

 (5) ①have/like a word in sb.'s ear指“(想)跟某人说句悄悄话,悄悄告诉某人”。

  • Would you please come out for a few moments? I'd have/like a word in your ear .
    请你出来一会好吗?我想与你说句悄悄话。

②have no words for/to意为“无法形容或表达”,用to时,接不定式。

had no words for the beauty of that place. 也可这样说:

  • have no words to describe the beauty of that place.
    那地方的风景之美丽是我无法形容的。
  • have no words to express my thanks to you.
    我无法表达我对你的谢意。

 (6) have/get/say the last/final word意为“做最后决定,作结论,有决定权”。

  • If I can have the last word on the matter, I'd like to say that we'd better leave it entirely to their discretion and let them do as they think fit.
    如果我在这件事上有决定权,我要说我们最好完全由他们来自由处理这件事,让他们按自己认为合适的办法去做。
  • I don't have/get the last word in using what textbooks.
    在使用什么教科书的问题上,我没有决定权。

 (7) exchange words with (sb.)意思是“与(某人)吵架”。

  • Have you been exchanging words with our neighbour again? We really should be friendly with her.
    你又和我们的邻居吵架了?我们的确应该与她友好相处。