区别辨析 real, actual, genuine 与 true

real, actual, genuine 与 true 这几个词有时可以互换。

 (1) ①real表示事实上存在的,非想象或假设的,非虚构的。

  • Is this a story that happened in real life?
    这是发生在现实生活中的故事吗?
  • Tell me who is the real manager of the firm.
    告诉我谁是公司真正的经理。

②real在美式口语中可用作强势副词,意思是“真正地,非常地”。

  • We had a real good time today.
    我们今天过得非常愉快。
  • I'm real sorry for having kept you waiting.
    让您久等了,我非常抱歉。

 (2) actual意思是“实在的,真实的,确实的,实际的”,是存在于现实中的(另见 “actual...”条)。

  • It's an actual fact; I haven't invented or imagined it.
    这是实实在在的事实,并非我捏造或想象出来的。
  • Can you give me the actual figures (the real figures, not an estimate or a guess)?
    你能把实际的数据给我吗?

 (3) ①genuine意为“真正的,真实的”,非假造或虚构的。

  • Is the bracelet genuine/real gold?
    这手镯是真金的吗?
  • She gave me a necklace of genuine/real pearls.
    她给我一条真正的珍珠项链。

②指感情时,genuine表示“真诚的,真实的”。

  • He had a genuine passion for music.
    他对音乐怀有一种真诚的激情。
  • She thanked him with genuine affection.
    她对他表示真诚的感谢。
  • You're a genuine/true friend of mine.
    你是我真正的朋友。

 (4) ①true意为“真的,真实的,确实的”。

  • Is it true that you're going abroad?
    你要出国,是真的吗?

②true还有“忠实的,忠诚的”的意思。

  • Art must be true to life.
    艺术必须忠实于生活。
  • He is a man always true to his words.
    他向来是一个信守诺言的人。
  • true friend is one who will always stand by you when in need.
    一个忠诚的朋友是在需要时总是支持你的人。