区别辨析 see sb. off, see sb. out, see sb. to (a place), give a send-off, send sb. off, send sb. packing, send sb. about sb.'s business, take/see sb. home 与 see sb. up

(1) ①see sb. off表示“送行,送别”。

  • All the parents were at the railway station, seeing their children off to school.
    所有的父母都在火车站,为去上学的孩子送行。
  • I'll have to go to the airport to see a friend off .
    我得去机场为一个朋友送行。

②see sb. off还可表示“使某人离开某地”。

  • If those boys get onto my land again, I'll see them off with a gun!
    如果那些孩子再到我地盘上来,我将用枪使他们离开!

 (2) see sb. out意为“送某人到门口”。

  • Don't trouble to see me out , I know the way.
    不用麻烦你们送到门口了,我知道路。
  • See the visitor out, would you, Mary?
    玛丽,送客人到门口,好吗?

 (3) see sb. to (a place)也可以表示“送某人到某处”。

  • He saw me to the gate, looking his usually gentle and cheerful self.
    他将我送到大门口,看上去还是平常那种温和、高兴的样子。

 (4) give a send-off也是“送行”的意思。

  • There was a large crowd to give a hearty send-off to him.
    有一大群人给他热烈送行。

 (5) send sb. off作“送行,打发走”解。

  • Mary complained about getting up early in the morning to send her husband off to work, as he was a grown man who should be able to do this for himself.
    玛丽对于一大早起来打发丈夫去上班很有意见,因为他已是大人,应能自己做这事了。
  • The best way to get rid of a troublesome politician is to send him off to a foreign country.
    除掉一个讨厌的政客的最好的办法是把他打发到国外去。

 (6) send sb. packing, send sb. about sb.'s business意为“撵走(某人),(将某人)打发走”。

  • I was fed up with his nonsense and sent him packing .
    我对他的胡闹烦透了,就把他撵走了。
  • I had no time to shoot the breeze with him so I sent him about his business .
    我没时间跟他闲聊,所以就把他打发走了。

 (7) take/see sb. home意为“送(某人)回家”。

  • Don't be afraid. I'll see you home .
    别怕,我送你回家。

 (8) see/take sb. up意为“送/带某人到楼上或高处”。

  • I'll see you up to the director's office on the top floor; you'll never find it on your own.
    我送你到顶层厂长办公室,你自己找不到的。