区别辨析 tired, tired out, exhausted, weary, done in, worn out, played out, shattered 与 all in

(1) tired意为“感觉累的,疲劳的”;tired out为“疲倦的”,较前者意味强。tired可作定语、表语,tired out只可作表语。

  • After finishing the long race, I was very tired (or: I was tired out ).
    长跑比赛后,我筋疲力尽。
  • Oh I'm tired to death.
    我累得要命。
  • I am tired with climbing the steep slope.
    爬那个陡峭的山坡把我累坏了。
  • Go to bed. You look tired out .
    睡觉去吧。你看起来很疲惫。

 (2) exhausted意为“筋疲力尽的,疲惫不堪的”。

  • The Gadfly was too much exhausted to wake easily when once asleep.
    牛虻疲惫不堪,一旦睡着就难以醒来。
  • I'm completely exhausted .
    我筋疲力尽。

 (3) weary可作“疲倦,疲乏”解,用于人特指在经历某种持续长时间的活动之后的疲劳;用于物,也可作“累人的,令人厌烦的”解。

  • At four o'clock in the morning he returned, weary and exhausted.
    凌晨4点他回来了,一身的疲惫。
  • I'm always weary after my day's work.
    一天的工作之后,我总是很疲乏。
  • He came in with a weary look on his face.
    他进来了,神情疲倦。
  • We have had weary weather these days.
    近来天气令人厌烦。

 (4) done in, worn out均用于口语,表示“筋疲力尽”,常用作表语。

  • What a hard day it's been. I feel quite done in .
    多么辛劳的一天啊,我感觉筋疲力尽。
  • She's quite worn out from years of hard work.
    多年来她辛苦劳作,相当疲惫。
  • I feel really worn out and yet I haven't been doing much. I think I'll go and see my doctor.
    我没做太多工作,但确实感觉很疲乏,我想我得去看医生了。

 (5) ①played out也可表示“筋疲力尽”,是俚语。

  • After the game I was really played out .
    游戏过后,我真是累得不行了。

②played out还可作“失去活力、才智;失去作用”解。

  • The old type of family party is played out . Young people demand something more exciting nowadays.
    老一套的家庭聚会失去了新鲜感,现在的年轻人追求更刺激一些的形式。
  • As a writer, he is not what he used to be. People are beginning to think of him as played out .
    作为作家,他已不是过去的他了。人们开始认为他失去了原有的才智。

 (6) shattered意为“疲劳不堪的”,主要用于英式口语。

  • I always feel shattered after children's birthday parties.
    孩子们的生日宴会过后,我常常累得筋疲力尽。
  • Let me sit down. I'm shattered .
    让我坐下吧,我累垮了。

 (7) all in的意思同shattered。

  • We were all in after our first day of training.
    第一天的训练过后,我们就累得不行了。
  • That job left me all in at the end of the day.
    一天下来,那件工作使我精疲力竭。