区别辨析 trip, travel, tour, voyage, outing, excursion, wandering, expedition 与 journey

 (1) trip指“旅行(到某地)”,多指短途旅行,也指远程旅行,有一定的目的地。

  • Mr. Hill is on a trip to Japan.
    希尔先生正在去日本的旅途中。
  • Last Saturday we made a trip to the seaside.
    上周六我们去海边旅行了。
  • We're planning to take a weekend trip to Mt. Tai.
    我们正计划周末去泰山游玩。
  • He has gone away on a business trip to Shanghai.
    他出差去上海了。
  • Yesterday I made a trip to the dentist.
    昨天我去看牙医了。
  • Good-bye. Wish you a pleasant trip .
    再见。祝你旅途愉快。

 (2) ①travel指“旅行,旅游”,泛指时用作不可数名词;指具体一次旅行时用作可数名词,多用复数。

  • Are you fond of travel?
    你喜欢旅行吗?
  • Mind you bring me back something nice from your travels .
    旅游回来别忘记给我带点好东西来。

②travel有时作“去(某处)行走”解。

  • Travel through tropical forests is dangerous and slow.
    在热带雨林中行走是危险而又缓慢的。
  • Travel to and from work each day can be very tiring.
    每天来回上下班是很累人的。

 (3) ①tour意为“旅行,游历,周游,游览”,常带有“根据一定的路线,最后仍回到原出发点”的含义。

  • They are taking a two-month tour of China.
    他们正在中国进行为期两个月的旅行。
  • I'm going on a shopping tour .
    我正在进行购物游。

②tour有时作“参观、游览”解。

  • He took us on a tour of the town.
    他带我们参观了这个小镇。

③tour还指“出差,海外服务期间”。

  • He did a tour of duty in Japan.
    他出差去了日本。
  • He did a tour of three years as a lecturer in the University of Yale.
    他去耶鲁大学担任讲师,在海外服务了三年。

④tour还有“视察、巡回演出、到各地比赛”的意思。

  • The director leaves tomorrow on a tour of overseas branches.
    董事长明天出发去视察国外分支机构。
  • The National Youth Theater is on tour in the North at present.
    国家青年剧院目前在北方巡回演出。

 (4) ①voyage原指“长途、特别是水上旅行;航行”,现在可指“水上、空中(不论长短)的旅行、航行”。

  • They went on a long sea voyage .
    他们进行了一次历时很久的海上航行。
  • We're going to make/take a voyage from Qingdao to Dalian/across the Atlantic.
    我们准备做一次从青岛到大连的海上旅行/跨越大西洋的航行。
  • You'll have a comfortable voyage to Europe over water/through air.
    你将会有一次舒适的水上/空中欧洲之旅。
  • Mr. Smith announced that he was going to sea for another voyage as soon as he was well rested.
    史密斯先生宣布,等他体力一恢复他就会再次进行海上旅行。

②voyage也可用于比喻义。

  • In the voyage of life there are bound to be submerged reefs and dangerous shoals.
    生命的旅程中一定会有暗礁和险滩。

 (5) outing指“外出度假,远足,旅行,郊游”。

  • We enjoyed an outing at the beach last weekend.
    我们上个周末的海滩度假非常愉快。
  • The price of the outing is 50 yuan inclusive of food/exclusive of meals.
    这次郊游的价位是50元,包括/不包括伙食。

 (6) excursion为“短途旅行”,特别是集体进行的游览、旅游活动。

  • Did you go on the weekend excursion to the Lingyan Temple last week?
    上周末你去游览灵岩寺了吗?
  • Why not make an excursion to the mountains next weekend?
    下个周末为何不去近郊爬爬山?
  • We treated ourselves to a Sunday afternoon excursion to the mountains.
    星期天的下午我们去爬山了,就当款待自己吧。

 (7) ①wandering主要指“长途旅行,漫游”,通常没有确定的路线和目的地。也可指短距离的“闲逛”,尤其用在口语和诗歌中,常用复数形式。

  • You must have seen a lot of strange things in your wanderings .
    在你长途旅行过程中,你肯定看到了不少稀奇古怪的东西。
  • Would you please tell us the story of your wanderings ?
    你能给我们讲讲你的漫游经历吗?

②wander有时可作名词,表示“漫游,闲逛”。

  • He's gone for a wander round the shops.
    他去逛商店了。

 (8) expedition意为“远征(队),远程旅行,考察探险”,通常有确定的目的。

  • They went on an expedition to the Antarctic last winter.
    去年冬天他们去南极考察了。
  • He took part in a small expedition to photograph wild animals in Africa.
    他参加了一个小规模远征队去非洲拍摄野生动物。

 (9) ①journey意为“旅行,旅程”,使用较广,通常指陆上旅行,也可指海上、空中的旅行,通常有预定的路线和地点,一般情况下可与trip换用,但在旅途很短时不用journey。

  • It's a three days' journey on horseback from here to there.
    从这里到那里骑马需三天的旅程。
  • They're going on/making a long train journey to Guangzhou.
    他们打算来一次到广州的长途火车旅行。
  • He lives about an hour's bus journey from Beijing.
    他的住地离北京大概一小时的公共汽车车程。
  • I wish you a safe/good journey home.
    祝你平安到家。/祝你回家一路顺风。
  • When are you going to set out/start on your journey to Shanghai?
    你何时启程去上海?
  • We've decided to take a train journey to Nanjing.
    我们决定乘火车去南京。
  • He broke his journey from Shanghai to Harbin at Beijing.
    他从上海出发去哈尔滨,中途在北京停了一下。

②journey可用作引申意义。

  • Life is a journey from birth to death.
    人生就是从出生到死亡的旅程。

③按英语的习惯,可说go for/make/take a voyage/outing;journey, trip,

excursion通常用go on a journey/trip/excursion,也可用make, take, undertake, perform, do等。