区别辨析 yet 与 still

(1) ①yet可用于肯定句中,意为“还,仍,将来还可能”,相当于still,常带感情色彩(但不能完全换用)。

  • She is talking yet .
    她还在谈。(含有不耐烦的意思)
  • You will succeed yet .
    你还是会成功的。(虽然现在失败了)
  • It was too early yet to tell anything.
    现在说什么都还太早。
  • There are ten days yet to go before we begin our lessons.
    离我们开课仍然还有10天。
  • Take your overcoat with you. It will be colder yet before spring comes.
    带上你的外套吧,春天到来之前还会更冷的。

②yet与another连用,意为“还有(一个或一些),再”。

  • I have yet/still another question to ask.
    我还有一个问题要问。
  • He's made yet another mistake/yet more mistakes.
    他又犯了一个错误/一些错误。
  • Sing it yet once more .
    再唱一遍吧。

③yet有时表示“仍然,还在,还得”。

  • I have yet to acquaint myself with the facts.
    我还得熟悉这些事实。

④yet可与比较级连用,表示“更加,再……一些”,可与still换用。

  • I have yet/still more exciting news for you.
    我有更让人振奋的消息给你。
  • Play it yet more softly .
    演奏得更轻柔一些。
  • We'll have to work harder yet .
    我们的工作必须再加把力。

 (2) ①still意为“仍然,还是”,可用于肯定句、否定句和疑问句。

  • Although I have explained it to him once more, he still doesn't seem to understand.
    尽管我又给他解释了一遍,他好像还是没明白。
  • While the meeting was still going on, a crowd of people broke in.
    会议还在进行的时候,一群人闯了进来。
  • I didn't expect to find you still here.
    我没料到能发现你还在这儿。
  • Doesn't he still live here?
    他仍然住在这儿吗?

②still可用于加强形容词、副词比较级,意为“更加,越发”,可置于比较级前,也可置于其后。

  • He is already in his fifties and he works so hard, still more ought we.
    他已50多岁了,但工作还如此努力,我们更应这样了。
  • This book is good but that one is still better/better still.
    这本书很好,但那本书更好。
  • He came late, but you came still later .
    他来晚了,但你来得更晚。
  • More important still I did not want to bother him.
    更重要的是我不想打扰他。

③still可作“尽管如此,但……(仍然)”解。

  • He is naughty; (but) still you cannot help liking him.
    他很淘气,但你仍然禁不住喜欢他。
  • This is not what I want, but still I'll make it do.
    这不是我想要的,但尽管如此,我将就着用吧。
  • Still I don't want to go.
    尽管如此,我仍然不想去。

④有时与another连用,表示“还另外有一个”,可与yet换用。

  • There is still another reason for not doing that.
    不做那件事还有另外一个原因。